Saturday, September 24, 2011

So we have been in VA for 1 month and a bit. This was our first time into town with the girls. We finally made it! Yeah! We took the subway down and went to the Natural History Museum. It was really fun. I forgot to put the memory card in my camera so I only had 7 pictures! Anyways, here is a glimpse.



After we went to the museum we went over to the Library of Congress and took part in the National Book Festival. It was so cool. There was a tent for every genre of literature. We spent most of our time in the PBS kids tent and the family/children's tent.
At PBS kids Aub's got her picture taken with the cat in the hat. Unfortunately Princess Pea was taking her break for the cat was a nice second choice.
Now don't get to excited PBS kids fans, but yes Steve from Steve songs was there and serenaded us with a couple of Steve songs. I was so excited because I love Steve, I think I was more excited than Aubrey even. Yikes!
We also got to hear a reading from Julianne Moore of her children's book "Strawberry Freckles." It is about best friends and it is darling.

We also ran into Hoda from Hoda & Kathy Lee. She was there doing a book reading. Aubrey started up a conversation with her, so we got a picture. Fun
Overall, our first outing to the city was a fun & exciting one. Can't wait until next time!

1 comment:

The Clarks said...

Oh SO fun!!!!!!!! Aubrey knew she was in for something bigger and better. And she got it!